us national park map
hey guys! what’s up?
I wanted to share this awesome us national park map that i found because, well, it deserves attention.
I think that not a lot of people know there are so many different national parks in the USA and a map like this can come really handy when you want to plan your next trip. so without further ado…
Maps of us national park
National Parks in 2019 | The World is Mine! | Us national parks This Map Shows You the Best Road Trip Route Between National Parks Buy US National Parks Map Amazon.com: Best Maps Ever US National Parks Map 11×14 Print (Tan
1. What are National Parks?
National Parks and National Monuments, first created by the Antiquities Act on June 8th, 1906, are areas of land or water owned and protected by the government. They can be owned fully by the federal government (i.e., everything is federally owned), like with parks, or only partially (federally owned land within a State’s borders). Some national monuments can even be owned privately! The key difference between a national park and a national monument is that national parks allow for public recreation and enjoyment whereas monuments typically do not.
Us National Park Map images
2. How to find a national park near you?
You can find out which national parks are near you by visiting this site: http://national-parks.org/find-a-park/ You can also download an app called “National Parks by Chimani” that gives information about all of the National Parks, Monuments, and other federally protected land in a user friendly way. This app is free on iTunes , but does have a cost on Google Play .
3. Things to do in the national parks
So you’ve found a national park near you, now what? Here are some of the things you can do at any of the United States National Parks:
Hike through one of many trails. Go camping Bird watching Stargaze See historical buildings Canoeing/Rafting Mountain climbing Horseback riding Visit museums Fishing Visit waterfalls Visit Civil War sites Attend festivals or concerts Watch birds or animals Rest and relax
4. What are the best national parks in the USA?
1. Yosemite National Park This park is located in California and was created on October 1st, 1890. It has over 6000 square miles of land available to explore with elevations ranging from 2000-13000 feet above sea level. There are more than 95 different mammal species that live in the park, and over 1,500 plant species!
2. Yellowstone National Park This national park is located in Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho and was created on March 1st, 1872. It has an area of 948 miles with elevations ranging from 6200-11000 feet above sea level. As it says on their website , “it’s home to half of the world’s geothermal features which erupt every day!”
3. The Grand Canyon National Park Another popular place in the USA is this national park located in Arizona that was created on February 20th, 1919. It has an area of 1,217 square miles with elevations ranging from 2200-8000 feet above sea level. This national park is one of the best places to visit because it has so many different things you can do while you are there! You can go hiking, camping, fishing or rafting in the Colorado River , riding mules down into the Grand Canyon, fly over it with a helicopter tour, watch wildlife, shop at the Grand Canyon Village Marketplace, attend festivals and events during your stay, or just relax on the South Rim.
4. Glacier National Park This national park located in Montana was created on May 11th 1910 and encompasses over 1 million acres of land. There are more than 700 miles of trails that are available to explore the land with elevations ranging from 4900-6600 feet above sea level. You can enjoy all kinds of outdoor activities here with your friends and family! There are multiple campgrounds within the park, so you can stay for as long as you want.
5. Acadia National Park Located in Maine, Acadia was created on March 8th, 1916. It encompasses over 47,000 acres with elevations up to 600 feet above sea level. The best time to visit this national park is during the summer when it is warm , but if you’re not a fan of being hot then don’t because there are still plenty of things to do here during the winter !
4. The history of National Parks
As you now know, the national parks are places where anyone can go to explore nature. These locations are protected by the United States Government so that they will always be available for use.
The first park created was Yellowstone National Park in 1872, but it didn’t become a national park until it was established as such on March 1st, 1872. This happened because of how popular this new land became with people who traveled there to see what it looked liked after being posted about in newspapers across the country. The First Lady of the USA , Mrs. Grant, even visited this land during its early years before becoming a National Park! After seeing all of the beautiful things Yellowstone had to offer she proposed that lands should be preserved like this to be enjoyed by everyone for many years!
In the year 1876, The Rocky Mountains were established as a National Park. This happened quickly after Yellowstone because of how popular it was becoming across the land. Not long after this , in 1880, Mt. Rainier became a national park and then later on in 1890 Yosemite National Park was created too.
The rest of the national parks slowly formed throughout time with each one being unique to itself which is why they are all so special today.
5. How to get around in the National Park system
If you are planning on visiting any of the 54 national parks that are currently designated then you can use a private vehicle to get around. The roads and highways near the parks are designed to provide park visitors with easy access to each location, so feel free to use your own car or rent one while you’re there!
If you do not want to go through the trouble of renting a car or having your own car at all during your visit, which is understandable because who really wants to drive in unfamiliar places? There are other ways for you to get around too! You can either travel by foot, bicycle , taxi , shuttle bus or try out one of those new-fangled Segway things if they catch on.
As you can see, the national parks offer a little bit of everything for anyone that is interested in going or even just curious. This is why they have been around forever and hopefully will continue to be!
Famous People who visited National Parks The first President of the USA, George Washington , was known for camping out at Yosemite during his time as a leader! He liked this land because it reminded him of his childhood where he would spend most Summer days outdoors hiking through the forests nearby.